Monday, July 8, 2013

Purpose for Creating this Blog...

Warm Greetings from the Philippines!



God is so amazing and He has given me Jeffrey new life in Him and I give Him all the glory for all He is doing in and through me and my wife these past 8 years here in the Philippines as missionaries!

I want to share my life with my family, friends and those who I have met along the way.  I’m so blessed to be married to my beautiful wife Lydia who has bore me a son Josiah...it is with these two very special people I spend my days.

I'm sitting here in the Northern most tip of the Philippines on what's supposed to be our family vacation with our in-laws.  However I need to get caught up on our newsletters which the news is already 6 months old.  Hence the need and my attempt to create this blog so I can have an outlet for at least sharing the latest places our beautiful feet may go with the LORD.

I've been asked before to write down what we're doing in the ministry and people have expressed their interest in following our work here in the areas of community organizing and empowering the people in Davao City. We just had a young man named Adam Fyfe from our church in Canada come stay with us for 3 months and he said the people back home have no idea what the Well of Life Ministry is all about...I hope to change that!  Although we have accomplish a fair bit of good we feel we are just beginning as the work of community development is really long term.  There is so many exciting things going on in the Well of Life I believe it's time to start getting more frequent updates out there to those who are part of this ministry whether near or far.

We've just bought 1 hectare (2.2 acres) of land in Davao City last December with the financial support of Giver's Trust and Canadian Assemblies of God.  We've begun setting up our demo farm and income generating projects such as quail raising and other livestock ventures. We have organized 6 associations with a combined total of over 1,000 members to identify the needs of the community and network to assist them in their spiritual development, livelihood, health and sanitation, agriculture etc.  We are still in the pioneering stages and learning new things every step of the way whether good or bad.

Please join us on this amazing journey with the LORD Jesus Christ as we paint the picture of what we see the LORD doing, and as we walk with Him here are our FOOTPRINTS...

Love
Jeffrey Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment